Friday, September 24, 2010

Missing Mom Friends

I just got an email from one of the mom's groups here saying that my application to join was declined. She said it's because she wants to keep the group "small" at over 70 people. In fact, I believe it is because I questioned the group guidelines.

"I've read the guidelines, and am comfortable with almost everything. My only question is: do you not offer "maybe" as an option for attending? The reason I ask is because my son isn't consistent with either a wake-up time or nap time. It has happened, in our other meet-up group, that I've missed a play date through the meet-up because of his needs. I'm not one to RSVP and bail out, but with a toddler, some flexibility is wanted and needed.

As far as providing meals to a new mom, hosting an event, or set-up/clean-up during the year, I'm totally on board with that. I want to contribute!"

Her response stated that the don't offer "Maybe" as an option. I didn't respond back. I just didn't feel right about a group that broadcasts all the way you can get kicked out before you even meet them.

I miss my Oakland area mom friends: Angie, Liz, Melissa, Sara, Kathy, Vicki, Rhonda, Laurie, and Kelly. I haven't met a single mom that I jive with here. It's feeling a little lonely here right now.












No comments:

Post a Comment